Box & Chain, LLC
Last Updated January 6, 2021
Welcome to the website (the "Site") of Box & Chain, LLC. ("Box & Chain," "we," "us," or "our"). Box & Chain is a subscription-based jewelry membership service (the "Service").
1. personal information we collect
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you ("Personal Information") as follows:
Personal Information We Collect Through Our Social Media Pages: We have pages on social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn ("Social Media Pages"). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Personal Information We Receive Automatically From Your Use of the Service: When you visit, use, and interact with the Service, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Service (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site ("log data"). Log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
Email Pixels: We use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and IP address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email.
Your Choices. On most web browsers, you will find a "help" section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off.
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
2. how we use personal information
We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Service by using your information to better respond to your individual needs;
- To personalize your experience when using the Service;
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Service and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with our Service;
- To maintain and improve the content and functionality of the Service;
- To develop new products and services;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Service, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
Marketing. We may use your Personal Information to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email or telephone number, we may use that information to send you special offers. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. You can also control the marketing emails and/or text messages you receive by updating your settings through your account. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
3. sharing and disclosure of personal information
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Information with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Information with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, event management services, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and web analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store Personal Information in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a "Transaction"), your Personal Information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
- Other Users: certain actions you take may be visible to other users of the Service. For example, when you create a profile the information you include in your profile will be visible to other users.
4. update your information
Please log in to your account or contact us if you need to change or correct your Personal Information.
5. California privacy rights disclosures
If you are a California resident, please continue reading to learn more about your privacy rights.
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 13. Box & Chain does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to Box & Chain through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
7. links to other websites
You use the Service at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to Box & Chain via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
9. international users
By using our Service, you understand and acknowledge that your Personal Information will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States.
10. your choices
In certain circumstances providing Personal Information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Information that is needed to use some features of our Service, you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us to ask us to update or correct your Personal Information.
12. contact us
Box & Chain privacy notice for California residents
Last Updated January 6, 2021
1. personal information collection, use, and disclosure
|Category of Personal Information||Examples||Sources Of Personal Information||Use of Personal Information||Disclosure of Personal Information|
|Identification Information||Real name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and username.||We collect Identification Information directly from you.||We use Identification Information to provide the Service and administer access to our Site.||We disclose Identification Information to our vendors, including our customer relationship management provider and marketing partners.|
|Sensitive Information||Credit or debit card number and government identification number.||We collect Sensitive Information directly from you.||We use Sensitive Information to process payments.||We disclose Sensitive Information to our payment processor.|
|Historical Information||Products or services purchased, obtained, or considered and other purchasing or browsing histories or tendencies.||We collect Historical Information directly from you, including through your interaction with the Site, our emails, and advertisements.||We use Historical Information to provide the Services and for marketing.||We disclose Historical Information to marketing partners.|
|Location Information||We estimate your location (i.e., by city or state) from your IP address.||We collect Location Information from you.||We use Location Information to assist us in understanding the usage patterns and activities on the Site.||We disclose Location Information to our analytics provider.|
|Online Activity Information||When you visit the Site we may collect your IP address, browser type/settings, cookie identifiers, and the date and time of your visit. We may also collect information regarding whether you open or click links in the emails we send you.||We collect Online Activity Information from you.||We use Online Activity Information for marketing and analytics.||We disclose Online Activity Information to our marketing partners and analytics providers.|
|Derived Information||Based on your Historical Information, we may determine that you will be more interested in certain products or advertisements than others.||We create Derived Information from other Personal Information you give us, including Historical Information.||We use Derived Information to better understand our users, to improve our Service, and for marketing.||We disclose Derived Information to our marketing providers.|
2. California privacy rights
To the extent provided for by law and subject to applicable exceptions, you may have the following privacy rights in relation to the Personal Information we collect:
- The right to request access to the Personal Information we have collected and information about how we have used and disclosed your Personal Information;
- The right to request deletion of your Personal Information;
- The right to opt out: We may share your Personal Information with social media platforms, including Facebook, and other marketing partners that will use that information to serve targeted advertisements on the social media platforms and third-party websites. We do not control and are not responsible for those third parties’ processing of your Personal Information. You can opt out of such marketing through Facebook and you can opt out of our use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to be free from discrimination relating to the exercise of any of your privacy rights.
Exercising Your Rights: California residents can exercise the above privacy rights by us at email@example.com
Verification: In order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or deletion, we may require you to verify your login credentials before you can submit a request to know or delete Personal Information. If you do not have an account with us, or if we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity, we may ask you to provide additional Personal Information for verification. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not provide or delete your Personal Information.
Authorized Agents: You may submit a request to know or a request to delete your Personal Information through an authorized agent. If you do so, the agent must present signed written permission to act on your behalf and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us.
If you have questions about this notice, please contact us at:
Address: 9502 Chamberlayne Rd, Ste 4, Mechanicsville, VA 23116